Clear braces for adults are a clear winner when it comes to teeth straightening options. They are a great alternative to the wires and brackets of traditional metal brackets. More and more people are discovering the convenience, comfort and a host of other benefits offered by the clear braces. If you are looking for a good dentist for teeth straightening, you can find a dentist near you with a simple online search.
Now let’s understand why the clear braces are preferred more over the metal braces:
- Clear braces offer an aesthetic advantage over the traditional metal braces. If you don’t want others to notice your braces, clear braces are the perfect option for you. They are virtually invisible and hence are very difficult to notice.
- You don’t have to make extra efforts or take precautions in terms of your oral care routine as you would in case of traditional braces. Since the trays of the braces are removable, you can brush and floss as you normally do.
- In case of traditional braces, your teeth are more prone to tooth decay because of food particles easily getting stuck between the brackets of the braces. However, with clear braces, since you can remove them while eating, there is no such risk.
- The structure of metal braces is such that you are more likely to experience soreness and discomfort. The clear braces are comparatively more comfortable to wear than their traditional metal counterparts.
- The brackets and wires in metal braces increase the chances of injuries such as cuts, sores and ulcers. With clear braces, there are no such risks.
- You will be surprised by the long list of foods you cannot eat in case you are opting for the metal braces. However, this is not the case with clear braces. You don’t have to miss out on your favorite foods since you can remove these braces while eating.
- Metal braces take up much more space as compared to clear braces. Hence, speaking becomes a challenge with them. Since the clear braces are thinner, your lips and tongue adjust more quickly. Most patients wearing clear braces report that they get accustomed to the trays easily and speaking is not a challenge with them.
- Cross bites are more efficiently treated with clear braces as compared to the traditional metal braces.
- These offer an added advantage to people who are in the habit of grinding their teeth during sleep. The tray of the clear braces also functions as a night guard and protects your teeth from the wear and tear due to grinding. You can also ask your dentist as to how you can use your braces tray for fluoride treatment for teeth strengthening. The fluoride protects the teeth from harmful effects of acids and bacteria and promotes strong teeth.
- The clear braces can also function as trays which can be used for teeth whitening treatments. Ask your dentist to know more about how the clear braces can offer dual benefits of teeth straightening as well as whitening.
- You don’t have to miss out on special occasions during your teeth straightening treatment. You need not worry about metal braces affecting your smile. You can simply take off the invisible braces for the occasion and even enjoy the good food.
Aesthetically as well as functionally, these braces are a perfect choice if you want perfect pearly whites. Even though clear braces for adults are a bit expensive than other options, the multiple benefits which they offer make them a worthy investment for a healthy and perfect smile.
Dr. Anu Isaac, DMD, runs a successful dental practice in Salem, MA. As the founder of Coral Dental Care, she is dedicated to creating healthy, beautiful smiles for her patients and also to educating dental and non-dental community with her engaging articles on all things related to oral health, recent dental innovations, and latest treatment modalities.